Skin is made up of three layers. The epidermis is the outer layer that you can see. It’s bonded to the dermis, which gives your skin strength and elasticity thanks to collagen and elastin. The third layer is the subcutis, which includes a seam of fat laid down as a fuel reserve in case of food shortage.
People usually start to age in the mid-twenties, although you might not notice visible signs of aging for decades. Collagen production slows, and elastin, the substance that enables skin to snap back into place, has less spring. Dead skin cells don’t shed as quickly and the turnover of new skin cells decrease. Some signs of aging are:
- Fine wrinkles
- Thin and transparent skin
- Loss of underlying fat, leading to hollowed cheeks and eye sockets as well as noticeable loss of firmness on the hands and neck
- Bones shrink away from the skin due to bone loss, which causes sagging skin
- Dry skin that may itch
- Too much or too little hair
- Thinning nail plates, half moons disappear, and ridges develop
At Nu Image, we’re dedicated to helping you create beautiful skin from the inside out. Our treatments and products are tested and carefully chosen to deliver the results you’re looking for. Our anti-aging skin treatments include Fraxel, IPL, microdermabrasion, Venus Freeze, Fractora Firm, micro laser and chemical peels, Botox Cosmetic, JUVÉDERM® facial fillers and clinical grade cosmetics that you won’t find on a drugstore shelf or in a major department store.
Love the skin you’re in, and treat it like it’s your best friend. We can help!